What are the requirements to run Menumiz?
Menumiz is a completely web-based platform and all records remain on the cloud. Hence, to use the system, you really won’t need any special hardware as long as you could open the Internet browser* on a PC, laptop or tablet or a smartphone**. The number of these devices depends on you and the restaurant size and workload.
* We would recommend Chrome.
* Please note that the whole system also works well on smartphones or tablets using the Menumiz app. If you really do not wish to invest on hardware, ask all your staff or even the chef to download Menumiz app on their own smartphones and log in to the system. ( it works perfectly!!).
Recommendations for a functional system:
1- Uninterrupted high-speed internet (at least 5MB/S for a small size business and up to 30 MB/S for a very big and busy restaurant– WIFI or wired network)
2- Available 3G or 4G mobile networks* for customers to use the app. However, they can use a free WIFI if they wish to do so.
* If your restaurant is in a location not covered by some mobile service providers, then you may choose to install a signal booster.
3- At least one PC (Windows 7 or higher) for a small business*. We recommend touchscreen LCD monitors and at least one tablet available in the restaurant for getting orders from customers who may prefer physical menu or not using Android or iOS phones.
* In a big restaurant having many sections in the kitchen, you need more devices; we recommend using PC only for the cashier or management and using tablets for the rest.
Important: Please check the working temperature of the tablet or the LCD monitor stated by its manufacturer before using it in a hot kitchen. Also, you may need to mount them on the wall and have them always being charged.
4- You need to have POS terminal from your bank to process card payments in case “Pay By App” is not the customer’s choice or not available in your Menumiz plan.
5- You will need a normal printer to print QR codes. (color printing preferred )
6- You will need a 50mm or 80mm thermal printer (as a cloud printer) should you wish to issue paper bills.
7- You will need an RJ11 compatible cash drawer should you prefer to use Menumiz cash management system.
8- You may need also a scanner* (e.g. CCD scanner) to scan barcodes from the mobile screens to process payment at the cashier. However, you may use a smartphone to scan. Nevertheless you can ignore the barcode and proceed the bill manually by retrieving them using table numbers.
* Please remember that not all scanners can scan a mobile screen, you need to check this feature with your hardware supplier.